Jul 26, 2009

R A I N beautiful R A I N

Saturday (July 25) was a cloudy day but no rain. It was in the forecast, but hubby and I decided to go for a ride on the Skyline Drive. Since obtaining a "lifetime" Senior pass (for only $10), we go more often. {SMILE}

At one overlook, we saw that it was raining down in the Valley. In this shot, you can see the where the rain begins. Shortly after this shot, the weather cleared slightly and then...

 
Posted by Picasa


we watched the storm clouds come up from the Valley

 


coming closer...

 


and closer...

 


and closer...

 


and closer

 


until it poured buckets of gorgeous rain!!! Made for a very interesting trip!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am Assistant Director of the community supported EJC Arboretum on the campus of JMU. Am seeking support of this non profit public garden from photographers who have captured the beauty of the arboretum. Will you contact me from our website: jmu.edu/arboretum email us link. I would be grateful to be able to show your work on our website.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Lisa said...

Welcome my friend.. Love your images and always have.
xoxox Yippie